Historic Winton, Australia’s largest and most popular all-historic motor race meeting, presents a weekend of non-stop racing featuring over 400 historic racing cars and motorbikes from the 1920s to the 1980s.
If you have a classic or special-interest car or bike, you’re welcome to join the spectator car park display on the Saturday or Sunday.
Celebrations in 2011 include:
• 100 years of Chevrolet
• 100 years of Stutz
• 100 years of the Indianapolis 500
• 90 years of two great French marques, Amilcar and Salmson
• 75 years of Fiat 500
• 60 years of the Triumph Mayflower and Triumph Renown
• the ever-expanding Classic Car Park featuring car and bike club displays including Chevrolet, Stutz, Fiat 500, Triumph, Amilcar and Salmson.
• spectator access to the Competition Paddock where all the fabulous old racing machines are on open display.
• Fri 27 May – Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour assembling 9am at the Benalla Art Gallery; Red plate vehicles welcome; concluding with a ‘Shine & Show’ display outside the Benalla Civic Centre 3-5pm; further information phone David Lidgerwood on 03 5764 4291.