Historic Winton, Australia’s largest and most popular all-historic motor race meeting, presents a weekend of non-stop racing featuring over 400 historic racing cars and motorbikes from the 1920s to the 1980s.
Celebrations in 2012 include plenty of birthdays:
• 110 years of Cadillac.
• 90 years of Austin Seven, Lancia Lambda, Austin 12/4.
• 85 years of A Model Ford.
• 80 years of Austin 10 and Hillman Minx.
• 75 years of Volvo, Cadillac LaSalle.
• 60 years for the Austin Healey 100, Renault 8, Austin Champ.
• 50 years of Ford Cortina, AC Cobra, Austin Freeway, Triumph Spitfire, Morris 1100, Lotus Elan, MGB, Chrysler Valiant.
Historic Winton highlights are:
• The ever-expanding Shannons Classic Car Park featuring car and bike club displays, including Pre-War sporting Rileys.
• Spectator access to the Competition Paddock where all the fabulous old racing machines are on open display.
• If you have a classic or special-interest car or bike, you’re welcome to join the spectator car park display on the Saturday or Sunday.
Raceway entry fees: Sat $20, Sun $30, competition paddock $5, children 14 and under n/c.
Public enquiries: Noel Wilcox ph 03 5428 2689 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 27 May 2012
Invitations are extended to join in a special display on Sunday 27th May incorporating:
• Historic Commercial and Military Vehicles – the older the better – free entry for commercial or military vehicles 50 years and older.
• U Bute Aussie Ute gathering for pre-1975 vehicles – with a giveaway pack for the first 200 utility entrants, and great trophies awarded to Aussie Utes of special interest.
Friday 25 May 2012
As part of 2012 Historic Winton weekend activities, invitations are extended to join in the
Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour assembling 9am on Friday 25 May at the Benalla
Art Gallery. Red plate vehicles welcome. The tour concludes with a ‘Shine & Show’ display outside
the Benalla Civic Centre from 3-5pm. Fu