Fri 27, Sat 28 & Sun 29 May 2016
40th Historic Winton, Winton Motor Raceway, near Benalla, Victoria, Australia
Historic Winton Honouring the Past – Australia’s largest and most popular all-historic motor race meeting presents Two Big Days of non-stop racing featuring over 400 historic racing cars and motorbikes from the 1920s to the 1980s.
Celebrations at our 40th Historic Winton include anniversaries:
- 110 years – Austin and Lagonda
- 100 years – Nash
- 90 years – Penrite Oil, Pontiac, Bugatti Type 35 World Championship, Daimler-Benz, Morris Oxford Flatnose, Chrysler Imperial
- 80 years – SS Jaguar 100, first diesel-powered car Mercedes 260D, MG TA, BMW328, Fiat Topolino, Harley Knucklehead
- 75 years – American Jeep
- 70 years – Singer Gazelle, Cooper 500, Willys Jeep Station Wagon, Renault Dauphine, Triumph Roadster, Jowett Bradford Van, Vespa
- 60 years – Berkeley Sports, Holden FE, Austin A35, Morris Minor 1000, Go Karts
- 50 years – Toyota Corolla, Chevrolet Camaro, Holden HR, Fiat Dino, XR Falcon, Lotus Europa, Formula Junior.
- Shannons Classic Car Park featuring car and bike clubs
- Pre-1975 Classic Car, Bike & Historic Commercial Vehicle Show with trophies for vehicles of special interest – veteran, vintage, sports, classics, hotrods, customs, street machines, commercials and motorbikes
- All-Makes Historic Motorbike gathering
- Historic Commercial Vans, Vintage Caravans, Classic Wooden Speed Boats, Vintage Go Karts, Vintage Steam Engines
- spectator access to the Competition Paddock with fabulous old racing machines on open display
- and if you have a Classic or Special-Interest car or bike, park yourself in the Spectator Display Area.
Raceway entry fees: Sat $30, Sun $35, weekend $55, pit $5, children 16 and under n/c
General public enquiries: Noel Wilcox email firstname.lastname@example.org ph 03 5428 2689
Friday 27 May 2016 – Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour
Be part of the Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour assembling 9am on Friday 27 May in front of the Benalla Art Gallery, situated in the Benalla Botanical Gardens. No gravel roads. Red plate vehicles welcome. The tour concludes with a ‘Shine & Show’ display. Further information, phone Lindsay Thomas on 0429 356 156 email email@example.com
Conducted by the Austin 7 Club Inc A0003290N with assistance from the Historic Motorcycle Racing Association Vic