Historic Winton – Friday 26 to Sunday 28 May 2017
Historic Winton – Honouring the Past – Australia’s largest and most popular all-historic motor race meeting presents two big days of non-stop racing. The event will feature over 400 historic racing cars and motorbikes from the 1920s to the 1980s plus a huge heritage display of veteran and vintage vehicles.
Festivities commence on Friday 26 May with the Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour, followed by the Historic race event and heritage display will be held on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 May 2017.
CELEBRATIONS AT 2017 HISTORIC WINTON INCLUDE
- 110 years Douglas and Excelsior motorbikes
- 90 years Volvo, Ford Model A, Austin 16
- 80 years Lancia Aprilia, Vauxhall 10-4, Austin 18, Rob Roy Hill Climb
- 70 years Ford Pilot, Austin Princess, Austin Sheerline, Peugeot 203, Standard Vanguard, Austin A40, Jowett Javelin, Lambretta
- 60 years Jaguar XK150, Fiat 500 Nuova, Lotus Elite, Lotus Seven, Nissan Skyline, Wolseley 1500, Toyota Corona, Vauxhall Victor, Wahgunyah Speedway
- 50 years Aston Martin DBS, Chrysler VE Valiant, Fiat 125, Ford Falcon GT, Holden Torana, Simca 1100
- Shannons Classic Car Park featuring car and bike clubs plus special interest vehicles
- Heritage Display featuring vintage tractors, steam engines, vintage caravans, vintage speed boats, model planes, vintage speedway cars and bikes, micro cars, cycle cars, pedal cars, push bikes, dragsters, veteran and vintage cars / motorcycles.
- Spectator access to the Competition Paddock with fabulous old racing machines on open display
Raceway entry fees: Sat $30, Sun $35, weekend $60, children 16 and under n/c, competition paddock $5. Camping at the track: $25/head per night. Camping enquiries: Winton Motor Raceway 03 5760 7100.
Friday 26 May 2017 – Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour
Be part of the Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour assembling 9am on Friday 26 May in front of the Benalla Art Gallery, situated in the Benalla Botanical Gardens. No gravel roads. Red plate vehicles welcome. The tour concludes with a ‘Shine & Show’ display. For details, please contact the Benalla Visitor Information Centre on 03 5762 1749.